SUBCLASS 300 – FIANCÉ VISA
This visa lets you come to Australia to marry your prospective spouse and then apply for a Subclass 820 visa. It allows for a stay of 9 months from date of grant of visa.Claim your consultation
KEY ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Be in a genuine relationship with your prospective spouse who is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
- Intend to marry your prospective spouse before the visa period ends
- Have sufficient and comprehensive evidence to support your claims regarding your relationship
- Be outside of Australia at the time of application and decision
- Not had a visa cancelled or an application refused
- Satisfy the evidence requirement
- Must make an online application and attached all evidence online
- Have an eligible sponsor who is not barred to sponsor you
- Meet Australia’s Health & Character requirements
- You must be 18 years old or older when you apply for the visa
- Satisfy all other visa requirements
- Stay in Australia for up to 9 months from date of grant of visa
- Work and study in Australia
- Travel to and from Australia as many times as you want
The visa costs AUD7,715 for the main applicant.
PARTNER VISA (SUBCLASS 820 AND 801)
If you are granted this visa and you and your spouse want to settle in Australia, apply for a Partner visa (subclass 820 and 801):
- after you are married, and
- before your Prospective Marriage visa ends
You will pay less for the Partner visa if you apply for it while your Prospective Marriage visa is still valid. The cost for subclass 820 is AUD1,285 for Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300) holders.Claim your consultation
Helping People Just Like You
frequently asked questions
You must be offshore (outside Australia).
If you’re offshore, in a genuine relationship with your Partner, have made plans to marry in Australia and you provide evidence of your Notice of Intended Marriage.
No, the Sponsor can be either onshore or offshore.
No, you should be offshore when the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) makes a decision on your Prospective Marriage (subclass 300) visa application.
You will need to come to Australia, get married to your spouse, and apply for a Partner (subclass 820) visa, all within 9 months.
No, the Visa Application Charge (VAC) for the Partner (subclass 820) visa is much lower if you’re a Prospective Marriage (subclass 300) visa holder.