Subclass 186 – Direct Entry Stream
The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) is designed to enable Australian businesses to find skilled workers from overseas for the purposes of filling permanent, full time, skilled positions in their business.Claim your consultation
- Usually, you must be under 45 years of age when you apply (exemptions apply)
- You must have eligible occupation in the medium-term occupation list
- You must be nominated for your occupation
- You must have at least 3 years full time work experience in your nominated occupation
- You must have a positive skill assessment in your nominated occupation
- You must pass the health requirement
- You must pass the character requirement
- Stay in Australia permanently
- Work and Study in Australia
- Enrol in Australia’s public health care scheme (Medicare)
- Sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
- Apply for Australian citizenship
THE ASSESSMENT PROCESS FOR THE GRANT OF AN ENS VISA COMPRISES TWO DISTINCT STAGES:
- Nomination Application: This application is submitted on behalf of the Australian Business and details the terms of the position to be filled. The position must be on the gazetted list of skilled occupations.
- Visa Application: This application is submitted on behalf of the visa applicant and dependent family members and addresses the skill, health, character and English language criteria. The ENS visa has one stream for both onshore and offshore application.
The SAF Levy is payable at the time of nomination:
The cost of SAF Levy for a small business is AUD $3,000 one-off
The cost of SAF levy for a large business is AUD $5,000 one-off
A business which has a turnover of less than $10 million per year is considered a small business.
VISA APPLICATION COST
The visa costs AUD4,045 for the main applicant.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.
- Additional applicant over 18 years old: AUD2,025
- Additional applicant under 18 years old: AUD1,010
For applicants who have turned 18 at the time of application and who are assessed as not having functional English the second instalment is:
- main applicants AUD9,800
- secondary applicants AUD4,890.
The cost of the nomination is $540.