Subclass 835/115 – Remaining Relative Visa
This visa is for persons outside Australia who are seeking a permanent visa on the basis of being the remaining relative (outside Australia) of:
- an Australian citizen
- an Australian permanent resident or
- an eligible New Zealand citizen.
- You must be single
- You must have an eligible sponsor
- You must be able to obtain assurance of support
- You must meet the health requirement
- You must meet the character requirement
- Stay in Australia permanently
- Live, work and study in Australia
- Access Australian government benefits
- You might be able to sponsor eligible family members to come to Australia
- Apply for Australian Citizenship
REQUIREMENT OF SPONSORSHIP
A person can sponsor a remaining relative visa if the person is a:
- parent, brother, sister, stepparent, stepbrother or stepsister has turned 18 and
- is a settled Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen and
- is usually resident in Australia
The visa costs AUD4,350 for the main applicant.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.
- Additional applicant over 18 years old: AUD2,175
- Additional applicant under 18 years old: AUD1,090