Subclass 173 – Contributory Parent (Temporary) Visa
This temporary visa lets a parent of a settled Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen stay temporarily in Australia. The visa is temporary for a period of around 2 years and allows for payment to be made over that period leading to the eventual grant of the permanent s143 visa.Claim your consultation
- No age limits to apply this visa
- Live, work and study in Australia for 2 years
- Eligible to apply subclass 143 permanent visa
- Multiple entries visa without any visa conditions
BALANCE OF FAMILY TEST
Parents must pass the balance of family test at the time of application
- At least half the children are lawfully and permanently resident in Australia including Eligible New Zealand Citizens who are usually resident in Australia
- More children are permanently resident in Australia than in any other single country
The visa application charge is payable in two instalments
First instalment is payable at the time of application and is AUD2,800 for the main applicant. There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.
- Additional applicant over 18 years old: AUD1,400
- Additional applicant under 18 years old: AUD705
THE SECOND INSTALMENT
For each person included on the application must pay AUD29,130 at the time of decision.