Subclass 838/114 – Aged Dependent Relative Visa
This permanent visa lets a single older person stay in Australia if they rely on a relative living in Australia for financial support. The applicant must be aged according to the retirement age requirement under the Social Security Act 1991 (Cth). The pension age will be gradually increased from 65 to 67 years as set out in the table below.
|Period within which a person was born||Pension age||Date pension age changes|
|From 1 July 1952 to 31 December 1953||65 years and 6 months||1 July 2017|
|From 1 January 1954 to 30 June 1955||66 years||1 July 2019|
|From 1 July 1955 to 31 December 1956||66 years and 6 months||1 July 2021|
|From 1 January 1957 onwards||67 years||1 July 2023|
- You must have no partner
- You must be dependent on your Australian relative
- You must be sponsored by an eligible relative
- Assurance of support must be provided
- Meet the health requirement
- Meet the character requirement
- Stay in Australia permanently
- Live, work and study in Australia
- Access Australian government benefits
- You might be able to sponsor eligible family members to come to Australia
- Apply for Australian Citizenship
The visa costs AUD4,350 for the main applicant.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.
- Additional applicant over 18 years old: AUD2,175
- Additional applicant under 18 years old: AUD1,090