Subclass 143 – Contributory Permanent Parent Visa
This permanent visa lets the parent of a settled Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to stay in Australia. The main requirement of this visa is to satisfy the balance of family test. The processing time of this visa is up to 3 to 4.5 years.Claim your consultation
- No age limits to apply this visa
- Stay in Australia
- Live, work and study in Australia
- Access Australian government benefits
- You might be able to sponsor eligible family members to come to Australia
- Apply for Australian Citizenship
BALANCE OF FAMILY TEST
- Parents must pass the balance of family test at the time of application
- At least half the children are lawfully and permanently resident in Australia including Eligible New Zealand Citizens who are usually resident in Australia
- More children are permanently resident in Australia than in any other single country
The visa application charge is payable in two instalments First instalment is payable at the time of application and is AUD4,155 for the main applicant.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.
- Additional applicant over 18 years old: AUD2,075
- Additional applicant under 18 years old: AUD1,040
THE SECOND INSTALMENT
For each person included on the application must pay AUD43,600 at the time of decision.