Subclass 864 – Contributory Aged Permanent Parent Visa
This permanent visa lets the aged parent of a settle Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen stay in Australia. The applicant must be aged according to the retirement age requirement under Australian social security act.Claim your consultation
BALANCE OF FAMILY TEST
- Aged parents must pass the balance of family test at the time of application
- At least half the children are lawfully and permanently resident in Australia including Eligible New Zealand Citizens who are usually resident in Australia
- More children are permanently resident in Australia than in any other single Country
The pension age will be gradually increased from 65 to 67 years as set out in the table below.
|Period within which a person was born||Pension age||Date pension age changes|
|From 1 July 1952 to 31 December 1953||65 years and 6 months||1 July 2017|
|From 1 January 1954 to 30 June 1955||66 years||1 July 2019|
|From 1 July 1955 to 31 December 1956||66 years and 6 months||1 July 2021|
|From 1 January 1957 onwards||67 years||1 July 2023|
The applicant must be in Australia at the time of application and would be eligible for a bridging visa during the processing period. The processing time of this visa is very fast.
The visa application charge is payable in two instalments. First instalment is payable at the time of application and is AUD4,155 for the main applicant.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.
- Additional applicant over 18 years old: AUD2,075
- Additional applicant under 18 years old: AUD1,040
THE SECOND INSTALMENT
For each person included on the application must pay AUD43,600 at the time of decision.