Temporary Residence Transition (TRT) Stream
If you are holding a subclass 457, TSS Visa, and have been employed in the position in relation to which they hold the subclass 457/TSS VISA for a total period of at least 3 year, you may be able to apply for a Subclass 186 Visa TRT Stream.
The assessment process for the grant of an ENS visa comprises two distinct stages:
1. Nomination Application: This application is submitted on behalf of the Australian Business and details the terms of the position to be filled. The position must be on the gazetted list of skilled occupations.
2. Visa Application: This application is submitted on behalf of the visa applicant and dependent family members and addresses the skill, health, character and English language criteria. The ENS visa has one stream for both onshore and offshore application.Claim your consultation
- Usually, you must be under 45 years of age when you apply (exemptions apply)
- The position to which the visa application relates must be the position in relation to which the applicant is identified as the holder of a UC-457/TSS visa
- The position must continue to be available to the visa applicant
- You must have been working for the nominating employer as the holder of a Subclass 457/ TSS visa for at least 3 years immediately prior to applying for the visa
- You must be able to demonstrate competent English prior to lodging the visa application
- Stay in Australia permanently
- Work and Study in Australia
- Enrol in Australia’s public health care scheme (Medicare)
- Sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
- Apply for Australian citizenship
The cost of the nomination is $540.
The SAF Levy is payable at the time of nomination:
The cost of SAF Levy for a small business is AUD $3,000 one-off
The cost of SAF levy for a large business is AUD $5,000 one-off
A business which has a turnover of less than $10 million per year is considered a small business.
VISA APPLICATION COST
The visa costs AUD4,045 for the main applicant.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.
- Additional applicant over 18 years old: AUD2,025
- Additional applicant under 18 years old: AUD1,010
For applicants who have turned 18 at the time of application and who are assessed as not having functional English the second instalment is:
- main applicants AUD9,800
- secondary applicants AUD4,890.