Subclass 103 – Aged Parent Permanent Visa
This permanent visa lets a parent of a settled Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident of Australia or eligible New Zealand citizen move to Australia.
The average processing time of 103 visa is up to 30 years and the cost of getting this visa is significantly lower and less assurance of support bond is required. These types of visas are assessed in order of lodgement, assigned a queue date and then placed in the queue for the relevant visa subclass. Each year only 1,500 places have been allocated to parent (non-contributory) visas (subclass 103 and 804).
This visa may be lodged either inside or outside Australia. If lodge inside Australia, the applicant’s existing visa must not subject to No Further Stay Condition. The applicant must be outside Australia at the time of grant.Claim your consultation
- You must be an aged parent
- The applicant must pass the balance of family test
- The applicant must be sponsored by a child who is an Australian citizen
- The sponsor must be settled in Australia
- You must be able to obtain an assurance of support
- You must meet the health requirement
- You must meet the character requirement
- Stay in Australia
- Live, work and study in Australia
- Access Australian government benefits
- You might be able to sponsor eligible family members to come to Australia
- Apply for Australian Citizenship
BALANCE OF FAMILY TEST
- at least half of their children and stepchildren are Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen
- there are more eligible children are living in Australia than children living in any other single country
ASSURANCE OF SUPPORT
It is mandatory for two years. For main applicant it should be $5,000.00 and $2,000 for secondary Applicant over 18 years.
The visa application charge is payable in two instalments
First instalment is payable at the time of application and is AUD4,350 for the main applicant.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.
- Additional applicant over 18 years old: AUD2,175
- Additional applicant under 18 years old: AUD1,090
THE SECOND INSTALMENT
For each person included on the application must pay AUD2,065 at the time of decision.