Subclass 884 – Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) Visa
This temporary visa lets the aged parent of a settled Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen stay temporarily in Australia. Parents must meet the age requirement. The application must be lodged while the applicant is in Australia. The visa is temporary for a period of around 2 years and allows for payment to be made over that period leading to the eventual grant of the permanent SC 864 visa.Claim your consultation
BENEFITS OF THE 884 CONTRIBUTORY AGED PARENT VISA
- Live, work and study in Australia for 2 years
- Eligible to apply subclass 864 permanent visa
- Multiple entries visa without any visa conditions
The applicant must be aged according to the retirement age requirement under the Social Security Act 1991 (Cth). The pension age will be gradually increased from 65 to 67 years as set out in the table below.
|Period within which a person was born||Pension age||Date pension age changes|
|From 1 July 1952 to 31 December 1953||65 years and 6 months||1 July 2017|
|From 1 January 1954 to 30 June 1955||66 years||1 July 2019|
|From 1 July 1955 to 31 December 1956||66 years and 6 months||1 July 2021|
|From 1 January 1957 onwards||67 years||1 July 2023|
BALANCE OF FAMILY TEST
Aged parents must pass the balance of family test at the time of application
- At least half the children are lawfully and permanently resident in Australia including Eligible New Zealand Citizens who are usually resident in Australia
- More children are permanently resident in Australia than in any other single country
The visa application charge is payable in two instalments First instalment is payable at the time of application and is AUD4,155 for the main applicant.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.
- Additional applicant over 18 years old: AUD2,075
- Additional applicant under 18 years old: AUD1,040
THE SECOND INSTALMENT
For each person included on the application must pay AUD29,130 at the time of decision.