Subclass 482 – Medium Term TSS Visa
This stream enables Australian employers to hire highly skilled overseas workers to address labour shortages for up to four years, with eligibility to apply for permanent residence after three years.Claim your consultation
- Your occupation must be on either Medium- and Long-Term Strategic Skills or the Regional Occupation List (ROL)
- You must have at least two years full time work experience in your nominated occupation
- You must be nominated by an approved sponsor and nomination must be approved
- You must have vocational English
- Your employer must conduct labour market testing at the time of nomination
- Work in Australia for up to 4 years for your sponsor
- Study in Australia (you won’t receive government assistance)
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want while the visa is valid
- If eligible, apply for permanent residence
There are three steps involved in the Medium Term TSS 482 Visa application:
- Business Sponsorship Application: The Australian business must first obtain a Standard Business Sponsor status from the Department of Home Affairs. The sponsorship is generally valid for up to 5 years. The cost of sponsorship fee is $420.
- Nomination Application: The nomination application is submitted on behalf of the business. The cost of the nomination is AUD 330. And at time of Nomination SAF levy will also pay to department of home affairs. A nomination application must satisfy the following criteria:
- There is a genuine and ongoing need for the nominated position
- Satisfactory evidence that Labour Market Testing has been done
- Satisfactory evidence that overseas workers will be treated no less than favourable than Australian workers performing a similar position in the same workplace
- If the nominee will be paid an annual salary of less than AUD250,000, you must determine and show us that you will pay the nominee at least the annual market salary rate (AMSR) for the nominated position
- Visa application: This is the last step in applying for a subclass 482 visa. The nominee must satisfy the skill, health, character and English language criteria.
The visa cost is AUD2,645 for the main applicant.
- Additional applicant over 18 years old: AUD2,645
- Additional applicant under 18 years old: AUD660