Subclass 494 – Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional Visa
This stream allows employers in regional Australia to recruit skilled overseas workers to work in specified skilled occupations for five years. Visa holders become eligible to apply for permanent residence after three years.
The SESR visa is a temporary (provisional) visa that enables a visa holder who satisfies the primary criteria to enter and stay in Australia for a period of five years from the date of grant.Claim your consultation
- You must be under 45 years of age at the time of application
- You must be nominated by an approved sponsor
- The assessment from RCB is required at the time of nomination
- You must have at least three years full time work experience
- Suitable skill assessment is required at the time of application
- Must have competent English at the time of application
BENEFITS OF THE 494 SKILLED EMPLOYER SPONSORED REGIONAL
- Work only in regional Australia for up to 5 years for your sponsor
- Live and study only in regional Australia for up to 5 years
- Travel to and from Australia as many times as you want while the visa is valid
- Apply for a permanent resident visa
There are three stages in sponsoring an overseas worker under the SESR visa program:
- Sponsorship: Standard business sponsorship approval is required for subclass 494 visa. In order to get sponsorship status, a business must be lawfully operating and not have an adverse business background. The cost of standard sponsorships is $420.
- Nomination Application: This application is submitted on behalf of the Australian Business and details the terms of the position to be filled. The position must be on the gazetted list of skilled occupations. The SAF levy must be pay at the time of nomination.
The following table summarises the Skilled Australians Fund (SAF) charges:
|Years elapsed||For businesses with an annual turnover less than AUD 10 million||In any other case|
|<1||AUD 3000||AUD 5000|
|1-less than 2||AUD 2400||AUD 4000|
|2-less than 3||AUD 1800||AUD 3000|
|3-less than 4||AUD 1200||AUD 2000|
|4-less than 5||AUD 600||AUD 1000|
- Visa Application: This application is submitted on behalf of the visa applicant and dependent family members and addresses the skill, health, character and English language criteria.
VISA APPLICATION COST
The visa costs AUD4,045 for the main applicant.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.
- Additional applicant over 18 years old: AUD2,025
- Additional applicant under 18 years old: AUD1,010
For applicants who have turned 18 at the time of application and who are assessed as not having functional English the second instalment is:
- main applicants AUD9,800
- secondary applicants AUD4,890.