Subclass 187 – Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme
You may apply for this visa if you hold a transitional subclass 457 or subclass 482 visa. Must be nominated by the employer who sponsored your temporary work visa and you must have two years’ work experience in the nominated occupation. If you are holding a subclass 457, TSS Visa, and have been employed in the position in relation to which they hold the subclass 457/TSS VISA for a total period of at least 3 year, you may be able to apply for a Subclass 187 RSMS Temporary Residence Transition Stream.
The assessment process for the grant of an employer-nominated permanent residence visa comprises two distinct stages:
- Nomination Application. This application is submitted on behalf of the Australian business and details the terms of the position to be filled. The position must be on the gazetted list of skilled occupations
- Visa Application. This application is submitted on behalf of the visa applicant and dependent family members and addresses the skill, health, character and English language criteria.
- You must be under the 45 year of age unless exemption available
- The position to which the visa application relates must be the position in relation to which the applicant is identified as the holder of a UC-457/TSS visa
- The position must continue to be available to the visa applicant
- You must have been working for the nominating employer as the holder of a Subclass 457/ TSS visa for at least 3 years immediately prior to applying for the visa
- You must be able to demonstrate competent English prior to lodging the visa application
- Stay in Australia indefinitely
- Work and study in Australia
- Enrol in Australia’s public health care scheme (Medicare)
- Sponsor eligible relatives to come to Australia
- Apply for Australian citizenship
VISA APPLICATION COST
The visa costs AUD4,045 for the main applicant.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.
- Additional applicant over 18 years old: AUD2,025
- Additional applicant under 18 years old: AUD1,010
For applicants who have turned 18 at the time of application and who are assessed as not having functional English the second instalment is:
- main applicants AUD9,800
- secondary applicants AUD4,890.