Australian Family Visas

Our experienced Immigration Lawyers can help you to reunite with your family. Australian family visas are very complex and confusing. Applicants need to ensure that they select the right visa option and that they meet the eligibility criteria, otherwise the application may be refused.

Australian family visas are essentially uniquely designed with the aim of helping immigrants to Australia bring their relatives to join them and live here permanently. The various Australian family migration streams offer a range of visa opportunities; these include, provisional and permanent parent visas, child visa and remaining relative visas and even adoption visa. Each visa subclass will have different type of benefits attached to it. Choosing the right option is important; some visas allow you to stay in Australia whilst awaiting the processing of your application, other visa types do not provide this benefit.

At Gold Migration Lawyers, we have an experienced team of Immigration Lawyers who can make strong submissions to support your application. Sound knowledge of the Migration Act 1958 (Cth) and the Migration Regulation 1994 (Cth) is important for submitting a valid and decision ready applications to the Department of Home Affairs.

Take advantage of our Free Consultation and let our Experienced Immigration Lawyers guide you to find the best visa option for your family today!

Call 1300 320 300 Claim your consultation


Contact Us Today

Helping People Just Like You

What matters to us most is what our clients have to say about their experience once everything has been resolved. Below are some of the messages we have received from people we’ve represented.

John Wellington
John W.
I have worked with several migration agencies in Australia but nothing comes close to Gold Migration. The most recent application is my Partner visa which is quite a complex one due to a character requirement issue I had back in the UK a few years ago. They accepted me as a client when everyone said no to me. To the team at Gold Migration, I cant thank you enough for what you did for me. You changed my life and I hope you can help more people like more
Dimitri Stef
Dimitri S.
Such a great team and really helpful service! Thank you so much for assisting me with my situation so professionally and compassionately
Sarah McNeil
Sarah M.
Such a lovely firm made of people who genuinely care. Kiri was so helpful and kind!
Joanna Taylor
Joanna T.
Very professional service. The whole team worked hard and efficiently and I was very happy with the service provided by Kiri. I would have no hesitation recommending them!
Thanks to Andreas and the team at Gold. They are best in the business and I don’t hesitate to recommend them to anyone!!
Sotirios Patsatzoglou
Sotirios P.
Amazing service! Helped me fix my own mistakes - without you my immigration future would have been over!
Elias Gianakos
Elias G.
What can I say? They have the best team! The best in Melbourne!
Elvis Otia
Elvis O.
Gold Migration is very impressive. I was quoted a higher fee than others but I went with them in the confidence to deliver which was instilled in me. I have had 3 failed attempts at getting a visitor's visa for my wife. Not only did Gold deliver, but did so when they said they would. Big thanks to the team here. My wife has arrived the country, and thanks for Gold. Money well more
Carmen Lau
Carmen L.
I'm very satisfied with their legal service, which was very professional, sophisticated, and efficient. More importantly, they listened to my concerns, and requests regarding issues of my visa, and thus provided professional advices upon it with actions taken in more

frequently asked questions

To qualify for a Parent Visa, do all my children have to live in Australia?
No, you only have to have 50% (or more) of your children living in Australia. This way, you would meet the “Balance of Family” Test.
If I am the holder of a Parent Visa, am I able to work in Australia?

Yes, you will have full working rights, unless you hold a Sponsored Parent (subclass 870) visa.

The Visa costs and the processing times for Parent Visas are very high and long. Which other way can I bring my Parent(s) to Australia?

You can apply for a Sponsored Parent (subclass 870) visa. You can apply for up to 3 or 5 years at a time (up to 10 years maximum). It costs less and the processing times are usually less than 6 months.

What is meant by the term “Aged Parent”?

An aged parent is an individual who is of pension age in Australia. This changes regularly and can be found of the Department of Social Services website.

Who is the Child Visa (subclass 101 and subclass 802) for?

For children who have a Parent who is an Australian Citizen, a Permanent Resident or an eligible New Zealand Citizen.

Is an Assurance of Support (AoS) required for a Child Visa?

Sometimes it may be, depending on the circumstances. The AoS is a financial bond which is paid by an assurer to provide financial support to the Migrating Child. The assurer does not necessarily have to be the sponsor of the child.